Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Throne

Recently, we had dinner with friends whose youngest child is approaching 3 years old and is now using the "big" toilet. My friend offered two training toilets to us and how can I refuse that offer? The kids are only 18 months and I'm not seriously thinking of getting into the nitty-gritty potty training, but it would be a good thing to have around and for them to get used to. Ellie has been telling me when she has gone poo-poo and when in the tub, thankfully, she tells me before the fact. I called her bluff two baths in a row and I lost, so now, when she tells me, I immediately pluck her out of the tub and get a diaper on that little bottom. As long as I believe her, there are no messes to clean.
Back to the potties...I decide to put them in our downstairs bathroom, actually, just outside of it because the bathroom gets small with two training toilets in there and even smaller when there is an adult plus 3 curious toddlers. Anyway, the fascination with the toilets began immediately. They pulled them apart and tried to put them back together. Even more funny was when I came downstairs to find Liam and Ellie sitting on the toilets and Ellie flipping through a book.


No comments: