Sunday, January 6, 2008

Harnessing of the Toddlers

Ellie, Lily and Liam are all walking now, so I gave in and purchased "harnesses." Jack doesn't like it when I call them leashes and I understand that, but horses wear harnesses. Oh well. Can't get away from the facts I guess. What brought me to this moment, you ask? The fact that I took them all out of their stroller in a public place wrought with dangers like strangers, moving cars, stores with folded shirts and pants well within the reach of 6 little arms. Within seconds, they were off (fast) in different directions and threatening both their lives and the store displays. I'm not sure why I thought my perfect children would stay near the stroller and just look at all the temptations. Note to self...16 month olds won't listen when the desire to touch and destroy pulls stronger than the force of gravity.





I didn't buy the plain blue harnesses, but I got little animal backpacks. Surely that will take away from the attention. 3 beautiful children running around with cute animals on their backs? Hardly will that dispell the attention. I'm sure I'll get some rude comments, under their breadth, but loud enough to hear. Let me put out my disclaimer before anyone reading this thinks I'm a total control freak and thinks that I can't get my children to obey. I'm harnessing them for their safety. So that they are able to get out of that dang stroller and touch and explore within the safety of Mom's reach. They LOVE to walk and run and they get miserable sitting in their stroller all the time. I, frankly, can't blame them. PLUS, I have THREE toddlers to save from their own destruction. SO, they will be harnesses with their little animal backpacks (dog, horse, monkey) and everyone will be happy and relaxed.



3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Warning: If yours work like ours you will have to practice, practice, practice before the harnesses can actually be used together in public! I had one failed attempt at taking all four or my girls to the gym using only the harnesses to get in... what a disaster. Best of luck to you!!

Cerf Family said...

Hey!!! I'm sooo excited to see you! I gotta say...you are my hero! I barely have time to keep up with this blog thing and you do it so well! I'm looking very forward to meeting your little ones in person! They are just adorable! Give yourself hugs and we'll chat soon as to when and where we will see eachother! It's been way too long!
much love
shall

MaryBeth said...

Glad you got the help you were looking for with your blog pictures! I always wondered why you only put pics in the sidebar...