Monday, February 4, 2008

The Worry is Subsiding

Finally. I don't know what else to say. To be honest, both Jack and I and most of my relatives were getting a little concerned. My niece, Kassie, is almost 6 months old and has 2 teeth. Another friend of mine has a baby who is 12 months and has 8 teeth. My little Lily is showing signs of tooth #2. Yes, her single bottom tooth will soon have company. We've known, or at least hoped, that it was in there and I can finally feel the sharp little points of a new tooth coming on up. I will miss my little Snaggletooth. She carries a lot of personality in that one tooth, but it is time. She will be 18 months old in 16 days and what better way to celebrate than by announcing tooth #2.

In other tooth news, Ellie has 8 established teeth with 3 coming up...one top front tooth and two molars. Liam still have 4 coming in on top and another one on the bottom. Until recently, he has sported two beauties on the bottom.

On a totally unrelated topic...I've been asked recently, "Do they keep you busy?" Uh...yes. They have changed immensely in the two weeks that we've been in CA. No cabinet, drawer or door is off limits in their mind. If I'm in another room and I notice that 3 minutes of silence have gone by, I know I'm in trouble. Any drawer that isn't glued shut will have been opened and it's contents strewn about the room. Toilet lids will have been pushed up and water will cover the floor and 1, 2 or 3 toddlers, along with wet toilet paper, which as we all know is easy to get off everything. Magazines, plants, folded laundry will adorn the floor and couches. Not only will they have pulled off all the magazines, but they will have pulled out the interesting pages and then shredded them up. A forgotten half empty soda can will be dumped upside down and then licked off the carpet. A TV remote left within arms reach will have had buttons pushed that will take a cable tech to reprogram. Yes, all of this accomplished by 3 17-month old toddlers within 3 minutes.

Christie

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Glad to hear that tooth #2 is finally making it's way in. I totally know what you mean about them keeping you busy and the mixed blessing of 3 whole minutes of slience... usually does just mean trouble, but sometimes I take my chances!